Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Colds, Codes, and Cowardly Lions...

I'm almost better. 3 days in bed, missed 6 classes, 1 missed chapel, and missed 3 days of work: A bad cold: priceless... it sucked! Don't you just love blowing your nose so much it hurts… oh well is on it's way I hope that door hits it on the way out.
I'm teaching myself to play the guitar, I suck right now but it doesn't hurt any more yay callouses. I’ve even been thinking about taking lessons from one of my friends, who is a really good guitarist. What else… Single’s Awareness Day has come and gone… My roommate is taking me to see Celtic Woman! That is pretty much brings you up to date…
Today I got a bit mad at my school for having some gay dress code rules… skirts must be no higher then 4in above the middle of your knee but pants… have to be mid-calf! On me that is at least a foot difference…I had my jeans rolled up to the top of my calf (you couldn’t even see my knees) and I had to roll them down, Which so don’t not look even half as cute as the other way. This brings me to another point about dress code… If I’m out of code just tell me… “Um, Honey you look really cute but (fill in dress code problem)” Just cut the crap! What is the point of telling me I’m cute if you tell me to change? You will still be the bad guy and now I just think are stupid and lame. I’ve been in charge of dress code on some of the girls when I worked at church camp and if they if they were out I flat out told them that they needed to change. Whatever…

So I have this day looming over me... what day is that? You ask... April 5th... 6 days before my 19th birthday… Is my Wing’s Banquet… not so bad… but I went to my prom alone so I want a date this time. My mom is making my Dress just like she made it for my prom. It is going to be so pretty I put up pictures as she makes it . All I need is my date… I’ve got a few guys that I want to go with… I’ve jumped a 30ft cliff in to a dark lake below but when it comes to guys I’m the cowardly lion… I have no clue how I’m gonna ask the guy to come even just as friends… gosh even typing about it makes me feel a bit sick… but I’m thinking about asking tomorrow night at church but I’m not sure… I would love to go with either of the guys I’m thinking of asking but what if they say no… and what if they say yes?!? Heavens I’m such a girl! I’m going to bed now… And I pray my roommate will follow soon so I can turn down the AC and turn off the lights.
Saga 'Lover'

1 comment:

mombo said...

I'm sorry you've been so sick! Now you have all that makeup work/notes to get. :P Take courage and ask. You never know what might happen. As they (who's they?) say, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." Oh, and it's callouses, not clauses. Very confusing. XD